A Few Tips on How to Use The Math Review
Here are a few quick suggestions for how to review the material in this section. GMAT Free is designed to give you flexibility, and rules are made to be broken, but here are a few suggestions:
- You need not do all these sections at first. Plunging right into the questions is great – it’s better, in fact, because you’re practicing actively when you do (and review) questions. However…
- You’ll want to review most or all of these chapters before taking your first practice test. That way, your score on your first practice test won’t be artificially lowered. So that means you will want to review this section within a couple days or a week of getting started.
- If I were you, I would skip the practice questions listed in each section initially, because they are included in the course. You’ll learn more from them when you do them in mixed format and don’t have the topic primed in your mind. Then, after you’re done the course, you can cruise back through these sections and look at the questions as they are grouped by unit.
- Save these chapters for the end of your practice sessions. Reading requires far less energy than doing questions, and we learn less from reading (on average, at least), so start each day/night with practice questions in the other sections.
- Don’t obsess over the more difficult topics. Many people get very high scores on the GMAT without even seeing a permutation question! Or maybe, if they see one, they don’t even realize it…
Welcome! You are encouraged to register with the site and login (for free). When you register, you support the site and your question history is saved.